
After going to the Lowe's store for some trellis and a few other supplies, we headed to the park to put in our garden. We re-used the snow fence posts that we brought from us from SD for our cucumbers and yellow squash. I also scrubbed off our plant markers and reused them from SD. As you can see, we have a lot of work ahead of us!

While I was putting up the netting for the squash & cukes, H was putting in the other posts and setting the lattice for the tomatoes. Having never done the square foot gardening before, I just can't seem to fathom how the tomatoes should be "contained". We decided to try this lattice and then we have another row that will go on above this one when the plants get bigger. I hope that it works out.

We put our soaker hose in with some landscape pins

After a few hrs, we had seeds planted, trellis & lattice installed, plants planted, soaker hose installed and some newspaper mulch around the tomatoes and pepper plants and all of the plants labeled. Whew! We decided that we've done enough physical labor for the weekend!
1 comment:
Looks like a pretty high-tech garden!! Looks like you are showing off just a little bit!!!
Oh, by the way...Cold brew coffee- YUCK!
Post a Comment