Wednesday, April 8

I have lost control....

Again, where is my camera when I need it??

This afternoon, I was on the computer and Khaki was close to me when we heard some weird noises. Well, I KNEW that the little white mutt was into something so I figured that I would sneak up on him and catch him in the act!
(you don't know how hard that is to do!!!)

The chair that I was on isn't the quietest, but I did my best to get out of it quietly. Khaki was underfoot but moved in the direction of the kitchen like I had wanted him to. The pantry door was open. I grabbed the door and whipped it WIDE open. No dog. Khaki went to the other side of the penninsula and I followed him.
Again, no little white dog.

Khaki went outside and caught up with the bratty runt and they were both sniffing the ground like nothing was going on. Well, I figure that I maybe I was hearing things.

Time passes....as it always does.

I make a loaf of bread and walk by the kitchen window and the little white mutt has his face buried in something. Now, I couldn't tell you what from that distance, but, let's just say that I could at least tell that it was something that he SHOULDN'T have his face into.

So I mosey outside and Khaki comes running. Cozmo does NOT come when called. He's got better offers in front of him! I go over and he has his little black nose buried into what's left of a small bag of rice flour! (It had maybe a cup left in it before he got it.) I grab it and he looks up at me with these innocent eyes, like, "WHAT???"

Ahhhhh....

I gather up the bag of rice flour (which I only use to make their doggie treats out of) and head inside. I can see that the flour is starting to create a mess on his facial fur, so I tell him to follow me in. He listens pretty well on that....maybe because I have what he considers his treat in my hand. Maybe he is trying to kiss up for not listening. Whatever the reason, he follows along.

I have to admit that he sat fairly well for me to scrub his face. Let's just say that rice flour reacts quite like wheat flour does when mixed with water.....pasty glue! It wasn't the easiest thing to get out of fur. Luckily, it was still wet. A few rinses of the rag and I finally got it all out. What was stuck to his little black nose was almost the hardest to get off!

Well, all seems to be back to normal. We walk. We come home. I put on some frozen tomato soup on the stove to cook and I go back to the computer. It is finally nice outside so I decide to eat out on the deck.

Mind you, for the last day or so, there has been something at the bottom of our property that has totally enthralled our dogs. They dig. They munch. I can't find anything down there that would be edible, so it must just be the dirt that they are eating...????

Well, back to ME eating dinner. Khaki sits up by me while I am eating. He listens extremely well when a person on the other side of the stream walks by with a dog. He is at attention but does not bark. I was quite proud of him, let me tell you. The little white runt was at the bottom of the yard digging and eating. I didn't want to get too vocal to bring him up as 1) i was still eating & 2) he would get all excited about the dog on the other side of the stream. Which would cause mayhem with Khaki. So I am able to just get his attention but he doesn't come...just looks up at me.

"hi mom!"

Mind you, when the "intruder dog & his person" from the other side of the stream are finally out of eyesight, Khaki starts down the hill to catch up to the tasty vitals that Cozmo is munching on. I call Coz and both of them start to come. I figure that Cozmo has something that he shouldn't so as they get close to the patio, I tell them to "LEAVE IT", which is our command to drop whatever it is that they have.

Khaki drops the clothes pin that was holding the bag of rice flour closed.

I give up....I've lost control....

2 comments:

silliedillie said...

It's like having kids!!

Clockwerk said...

This is pretty funny! I can't help but be reminded of I has a sweet potato, have you seen it?
http://littera-abactor.livejournal.com/7748.html