I am so loving the Greek Guy's website! Not only does he have wonderful photography to go along with his recipes, he is from Greece living in NY, so the local photography of both places is fabulous AND it is in English!!!
(Ok, so I go to some non-English speaking blogs just for the great photos of their trips and local area. Call me a sucker for travel. I am what I am.)
I asked H what he wanted for dinner tonight and he said "THINK SALAD". I totally understand. After being on the road for 6 days (3 in MN, 3 in KS) , Salads are always a welcome reintroduction into one's diet.
So I got busy.....
Found this one....
http://kalofagas.ca/category/salad/page/3/
About 1/2 way down the page:
Marinated Calamari Salad.
Yep, a squid salad.
YUM!
oh, and the photo sold me...
And since we LOVE squid....and we are near Whole Foods...which, by the way, has a FAB seafood counter... have I told you that already???
I had to make it.
SO I did.
I changed it, of course.
I added chickpeas/garbanzo beans & switched the celery for bok choy. roasted some red peppers instead of the jar of pimentos. I also grilled up some slices of carrots & mushrooms to add to it. But I left them still crunchy...just took the hard bite out of 'em.
It is in the fridge because you are supposed to allow the flavors to MARRY. Then you put it over the greens of your choice with a homemade pomegranate/honey/red wine vinegar/EVOO/garlic/s&p dressing. That is also MARRYING flavors in the fridge.
I plan on using spinach, some spring greens that I got at the Whole Foods Emporium and some of the green tops off of the radishes that I got H. I just saw that somewhere and thought that it may just be good. I washed and tasted...they are pretty YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment