After the activities of yesterday, we had to go a bit slower start today. Had breakfast and took a walk to our park and then went in search of where our community garden is going to be. WE know that it is at Willis Park but saw on the map that it is 110 acres, so we figured that it would be good to scope things out for our work day next Saturday.
There were lots of ball games going on; people walking around; lots of dogs being walked; disc golf.... They have an arboretum with a lot of the trees labeled so you know what you were looking at. The trail was about 2 miles long and was marked every 1/4 of a mile. They have horse barns and an equestrian course and even had an event going on!!!! Khaki finally realized why everyone calls him a "horse"!!! Boy were the mutts "ON"!!!
I did my spring cleaning of the vehicular mode of transportation....just the inside as the pollen is still falling heavily outside and it looks somewhat yellowy-green. H did his as well. My poor Vibe only gets cleaned out 2x/year...spring and fall. You know that it is at least spring now!! YEAH!!!
The mutts got their beards and eyes trimmed...they did fairly well & H did too! They don't look deformed or anything!
L&P next door trimmed their rosemary bush and left it on our doorstep yesterday. I used about a 1/3rd of it to make up pesto and have so much of that!! if you bought what I used, you would pay DEARLY for it! The branches were long and lush! I have the rest of it in 3 large vases around the house! H is going to use the spent branches to smoke our steak tonight!! Now I should get to packaging all of the pesto into something!!
Come and visit & I'll give you some!!
No comments:
Post a Comment