Friday, April 10

I tried painting today....

I went in search of paint for the guest bath rooms. Yes, roomS. The tub & toilet are in one and the sink & closet are in another. Of course, they are attached.

I had some left over border from SF & since I liked it and had towels to match, I figured that I would use what is left. (It's all about saving money....and I am trying to keep to a tight budget on these little updates) Luckily, I won't need much of the border.

I got a blue and I swear that the guy at Ace is the Place mixed me the wrong color. (which doesn't help the tight budget at all!!!) It was on the same swatch, but not not as dark as I had wanted. So I had to go back. It was a different base so I couldn't use the same gallon. Damn!

Since the tub, tile & toilet are white, I thought that I would bring out the blue in my border. I think that I will get some wispy white sheers for the window. It just overlooks the roof, so I don't have to worry about "peepers".The blue reminds me of P&T's kitchen. It doesn't show in this photo quite like it is. I think that my dad will REALLY like it as he's always liked the mid to dark blues.

In the sink area, I got some yellow. But it is too yellowy, I think. I will wait til morning to check it out in a different light. At Ace, you can buy the small samples, so I may just buy some brown to add to what I have to dull it a bit if it is too much.I took it easy on my elbow today. I did use it a bit & I felt some twinges but for the most part, it was fine. I did try to use my left hand/arm when I could. Luckily, I'm talented! Actually, I think that my hands/thumbs hurt me more than my elbow, but the morning will be the true test. I think that I will give the sink room another 2 coats and then take it easy on the elbow for a few more days.

Oh, I did manage to get a photo of me in my painting gear. No, no shower cap or babushka for me. Didn't need one. Got a little on my hands and just a tad on my arms. Not much at all on my clothes....I don't think that I'm a messy painter. Of course, the floor is covered with plastic and a wet rag is nearby to get any splatters as they come. & I watch what I do so that I don't make many splatters or spills..... No, I'm not perfect, but if unwanted paint comes off easily, I don't call it sloppy or messy...I do have my Painter's Socks on, tho. I think that color dates back to Colorado.....
(do my sisters have Painter's Socks????)
(for those of you who are wondering just what that was all about, my sisters are lamenting on their blogs how messy they are when they paint. I keep telling them that I didn't inherit that gene.... but I didn't get the organizational one like they did....

Altho, I'm not sure which parent the organizational gene came from....
(Christine always said that I was found in the cabbage patch....maybe it was really THEM!)



I'm almost waiting for GotH in MN to call and schedule my painting services.....
(I may have to make a week of this...visit SF & hang w/the MN crowd)

I did not cook dinner tonight as we went to a recommended Sushi place for dinner. YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
TDF!!!
Met an interesting couple there. Discovered a few spots that we need to check out & we will definitely be BACK!!!

No comments: