Nothing much happening here. Had a 2 hr power outage yesterday from 10-12pm. I got cold (no furnace) so I curled up with a blankie and pillow and took an hr nap. It felt nice. Then I got the place vacuumed and dusted.
Let's see, what did I make for dinner???
Oh, I made some WONDERFUL cream of mushroom soup & we had some leftover lamb from Easter, along with some leftover puff pastry, so we had pockets made with lamb, fresh tomatoes, blue cheese on H's & queso fresco cheese on mine and a little bit of rosemary pesto....squished the edges to close and baked til golden brown.
YUMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
(If I do say so myself!)
Sorry that I don't have any photos....didn't feel that inspired to take any until after it was all in our bellies! Oh well.
Tonight, H mentioned my all time favorite easy meal:
SHRIMP & FRIES!!!
So I grabbed some potatoes at the grocery & we'll make up some home fries for the grill. I still have some of the lemon/oil/spice mix that I used on my Greek potatoes so we'll do that on those. We'll do the shrimp fairly plain, most likely scampied as that is so darn tasty and easy. I made up 2 individual sized custard cups lined with fresh spinach with cooked brown rice, whole grain mustard & tad bit of shredded smoked salmon. (my prelim tasting put it on the yummy side of the chart!) Put a little cottage cheese on that...I forgot to mix it in. I'll bake those until warm and the spinach is melted. Wish me luck on that one...I'm not following any recipe there!
I've run to the grocery and stocked up on some things. I don't really have a dinner plan this week, so I just got staples and figure that we can wing it. It isn't like we don't have enough in the freezer or cupboard.
I've gotten some ironing done as well and that is about all.
Sorry, it is a boring week here~
Let's see, what did I make for dinner???
Oh, I made some WONDERFUL cream of mushroom soup & we had some leftover lamb from Easter, along with some leftover puff pastry, so we had pockets made with lamb, fresh tomatoes, blue cheese on H's & queso fresco cheese on mine and a little bit of rosemary pesto....squished the edges to close and baked til golden brown.
YUMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
(If I do say so myself!)
Sorry that I don't have any photos....didn't feel that inspired to take any until after it was all in our bellies! Oh well.
Tonight, H mentioned my all time favorite easy meal:
SHRIMP & FRIES!!!
So I grabbed some potatoes at the grocery & we'll make up some home fries for the grill. I still have some of the lemon/oil/spice mix that I used on my Greek potatoes so we'll do that on those. We'll do the shrimp fairly plain, most likely scampied as that is so darn tasty and easy. I made up 2 individual sized custard cups lined with fresh spinach with cooked brown rice, whole grain mustard & tad bit of shredded smoked salmon. (my prelim tasting put it on the yummy side of the chart!) Put a little cottage cheese on that...I forgot to mix it in. I'll bake those until warm and the spinach is melted. Wish me luck on that one...I'm not following any recipe there!
I've run to the grocery and stocked up on some things. I don't really have a dinner plan this week, so I just got staples and figure that we can wing it. It isn't like we don't have enough in the freezer or cupboard.
I've gotten some ironing done as well and that is about all.
Sorry, it is a boring week here~
No comments:
Post a Comment