Wednesday, April 15

SCORE......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite easy meal turned out super yummy!
I used my leftover Greek Potato liquids for our home fries. It is oil with lemon juice and some spices. Then, when I scampied the shrimp, (which is garlic & smart balance) I also added some lemon juice and pulp.And the coup'de gras was my concoction of lining some little corning ware custard cups with spinach. I cooked up some brown rice and then mixed that with some whole grain mustard. If you are familiar, a lot of them have a bit of vinegar flavor come thru. Then I diced up some smoked salmon for some salty-ness & smokey flavor. I cooked until the spinach was wilted and it was heated thru. It was OH, SO AWESOME!So, the custard cup rice cups had lots of flavor with an acid tinge to it(the vinegar in the mustard), then the scampied shrimp had the lemon with the garlic & butter and then the home fries were the mildest flavor but had some lemon hints to it..... And you know what????
I actually planned it that way!!!!

For dinner tonite, I made Bobby Flay's Tandoori Chicken w/ Tomato jam & herbed yogurt. Put into warmed flat bread and the flavors just melded perfectly....hhhhhmmmmmyum!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/tandoori-spiced-chicken-breast-with-grilled-tomato-jam-and-herbed-yogurt-sauce-recipe/index.html

I was starting to worry about doing all of the cooking since I know that H loves to cook. But he mentioned that it was draining being at an office all day and he was glad that I was doing all of it. Guess the pressure is on!

Tomorrow is pork chops....they're defrosted. Now, what to do with them?????

No comments: