Monday, March 23

Yummy Greek Dinner....

Great minds do think alike. And my hubby has a great mind!!! I was telling H about a recipe that I found over at www.kayotickitchen.com about some lemon roasted potatoes. He said that it reminded him of a recipe for pork! So I was in charge of the potatoes. Mine look good, but Kay @ www.kayotickitchen.com is also an amazing photographer! The only think that I did differently was that I did NOT peel my potatoes. Why bother? I love the skins!
H was in charge of the pork. I had an end roast in the freezer that he pieced out. I think he called it "Slovaki"?? I am not sure where he got the recipe but basically he marinated it the bits in garlic, oil, oregano & I am not sure what he used for the liquid. I should be better prepared when I post, you say. You are so RIGHT!!
But he grilled them and I had also made up some Taziki (cucumber/onion/yogurt salad)
It was a lovely dinner with some fruity Merlot.
I was going to take a photo of the plates, but all the bits just didn't lend itself to a beautiful plating presentation.... oh well, maybe next time.

I am off to make some french bread. I had made some last week and it turned out really well. We are going to make some panini with our leftover "Slovaki". I think that I will make 2 loaves and take one over to our neighbors. By the way, I found an easy recipe for this at: www.allrecipes.com. What I really like about this site is that it gives you the option to adjust the amount of servings that you want to create and it adjusts the ingredient list to accommodate your request!! Now isn't that just slick???

No comments: