Saturday, March 28

my sd card got munched....

Let's see, after getting up, I vacuumed the house and did a little dusting. Then I got onto the project of hemming my burlap for my panels for the laundry closet. I guess that I am going to have to succumb to the reality that I will have to use a rod instead of my snazzy idea of using the cable and small grommets. Oh well, I just need to finish it! It was much easier than I expected and I think that it will be nice when it is done.

H spent a good part of the day trying to back up his external hard drive onto my external hard drive. Then he went to get a new office chair for his office and got me a back up-back up external drive. I have a feeling that my computer will only last another year....maybe?? So that got me thinking that if it crashes AND my external crashes....there goes all of my pictures! That would not be good! So, he got me another one...everything was on sale! He's a good shopper.

After the computers were done doing what they were doing, I have been trying to get my card readers (yes, I have multiples) working. I have had a bugger of a time getting to the photo of what really made those red marks on my parchment paper. Well, after just about giving up, I thought that I would try a different card...yep, works like a charm. Dammit! That means that my munched up card (from a bratty little white dog) doesn't work! I had about 100 photos on there that I failed to back up! UGGHHH!!!

Now, why was that so darn important you ask??? Because I had a pretty decent photo to show you of what made those marks----that's why!!!

Sooooo, what did make those marks you ask???

Beets!

I used my mandolin to make quick slices of beets after peeling them. Put them on the parchment and baked on about 275 or so until dry. But don't let them get too brown. They were quite yummy with some salt very lightly sprinkled on them!

(sorry, no photos of them.)

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

I am guess that since you gave the answer that no one got it right???