Tuesday, March 17

St Patty....

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Dog sitting is going better today. They still aren't the best of friends, but the little white dog isn't quite so in the face of Bailey. Of course, when Bailey growled big at Khaki when she was eating gave just enough warning to keep our dogs on their toes.
I have been busy today. As much as I would like to be painting, my arm will not allow me to do that so I am able to cook a bit. I have the Lamb Stew in the oven but I have made some adjustments to it. I have them in RED below.

IRISH LAMB STEW
A very hearty stew that could make a whole meal! Flavored with parsley, thyme and beer, it is a truly Irish dish.Ingredients
2 lb. boned lamb sliced, 1/4 inch slices (leave a little fat)
2 lb. peeled potatoes, chunked
3 large onions, diced
baby carrots
dehydrated mushrooms
garlic
Salt and pepper, each layer to taste
2 Tbs. dried parsley, chopped
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp rosemary
2 bottles of Smithwicks (amber beer)
Directions Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Layer the potatoes, meat and onions in a large casserole, starting and finishing with a layer of potatoes. Season each layer with salt, pepper, parsley and oregano and basil. Add beer; cover tightly. Cook in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours; shake occasionally to prevent sticking, and check liquid now and then. Do not add unless absolutely necessary. The potatoes will thicken the finished stew so it should not be too runny.Just before serving, remove lid and brown the top under a hot broiler and sprinkle with additional parsley. Add some cornstarch to thicken if needed.
******************************************************
I also made a chocolate/espresso cake. I found the recipe at www.Foodspiration.com. (this is one of my new favorite websites...I just wish that they would post about 4x/day!!) She posted Saturday, March 14th, the Urban Professional cupcake. I, of course, had to edit it and I'm really not baker so I am not sure if my substitutions will constitute into an edible goo but at least it smells very yummy! I won't even try to tell you what I've done, but if you like chocolate and coffee....give it a try!
Have a great green beer day!

No comments: