Saturday, March 21

the neighbor's upstairs.....?

I sure wish that I would have had my camera so I don't have any photos to go with it. Let me try to explain one of the funniest things yesterday....

Bailey's parents came to pick her up so we were all in the front yard. Our dogs haven't spent much time in the front yard off leash because they can't be trusted; but here they were. And they were doing very well, running and chasing each other. Rosie, a bichon/cocker spaniel puppy from 3 doors up came over to visit without her peoples and she was playing very nicely with all of the dogs. So there are 4 dogs running all around the front yard; 2 big dogs, 2 little dogs. Got it so far?

Khaki, Cozmo & Rosie went over to our side yard. I didn't worry too much as both our yard & the neighbor's yard are fenced so they were just contained by houses & fences. What can go wrong from here????

They worked their way out of the "containment" area along the front of the neighbor's garage....heading AWAY from us. And you know that I'm going to say that all we saw were the "tail lights".

As we still had Bailey & her peoples here, I stayed and talked with them & H went in hot pursuit. He could handle it, right? 2 houses up, an older gentleman whom neither of had ever seen was sitting in a nice Adirondack chair in the front yard. And the front door was open. No, no storm or screen door either. Just a nice green colored front door....open.

All 3 dogs perform an evasive maneuver INTO the house. H said that the gentleman just looked up and said "My, what a crew you have." H pointed out that they had gone into his house. "Ah, they'll come back out" was all he said! H barely stepped on the threshold when he saw all 3 run UP THE STAIRS! As they were racing back down, the owner came from what H thought was the kitchen. The owner was commenting about having his door open. The dogs must have side stepped them to get outside and the owner tried to help H corral the mongrel hoard. (yes, we like this neighborhood!!!) Luckily, Rosie was just next door to her house so she worked her way home while Khaki was exploring and, hence, catchable. (Cozmo is just a shadow so he's usually not too hard to catch up with.)

Luckily, pleasantries were exchanged with the neighbor who owned the invaded house and also with Rosie's people. Everyone thought it was humorous, at least. Of course, we must wait to see if we are labeled the "house with the trespassing dogs".

Of course, I was oblivious to all of this as I was still chatting with Bailey's people when Steve glanced in H's direction and made some odd comment about H coming our way carrying a little dog and dragging a big one. It was a sight to say the least!
Guess that we may look into getting an invisible fence.....

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

I chuckled as i read it!! what a sight. Good neighbors are a treasure!!