Saturday, March 14

ray went home last night....

I took Ray to the bus station last evening. We drove to the Marta (Public Transit) Rail Station and I had looked up what stop to get off at. Talk about slick...the Greyhound station was next door AND they even marked it on the train platform that all you had to do was go down these stairs!
Harlan tried to meet us, but he got waylaid and he met me there just after Ray got onto the bus. So we went to the Atlanta Underground. Not sure if we saw it all, but it seemed like there weren't very many night spots. Just some stores and kiosks. But we didn't got all thru it either so we may be wrong. We did find IRISH BRED Pub & Restaurant. It seemed like a fun spot and after awhile, I realized that we were the only white people there. But it didn't matter, everyone was nice and friendly and glad that it was a friday! We had some wings and quesadillas (wait...it really was an IRISH BAR!!) & a few beers. We were both tired and the dogs were left unattended, of which, they are not used to being. We were not sure what we would find when we got home.
They were well. They didn't even seem traumatized. Cozmo usually gets that bit of panic in his excitement but it was missing...just excited that we were home. He's growing up!
Today, we went to the Dakalb Farmer's Market. I should have taken some photos, but didn't. It was more like an old time grocery store that was super big and super busy. They had items from all over the world. It seemed like they had everything and then some. We got 2 cases of wine. Prices were pretty good and they had a gal walking around who actually knew a lot about them! She also gave us a tip on a great spot to get great wine that is closer to our house. The produce and meats were comparable in prices to what we have near us but they did have a lot of things that even Publix or Kroger don't carry so it is nice to know of someplace to get these specialty items. And at 25 miles away, one can't just go there on a lark, but a trip every couple of months or so would be keep you stocked up quite nicely!
I've still got my ear to the ground to see if there is a local farmer's market nearby to get produce and stuff once the gardens start coming in. I've got my spinach and onions planted and cucumber seeds ready to go. Tomaotes and peppers I will just grab plants from one of the stores. I need some beds or planters for those but have some time as we are still not frost free.
It is has been raining since yesterday evening. the dogs are waiting for their walk and I'm not totally sure that they will get one! After the farmer's mkt, we came home, munched a bit and then took naps in front of the fireplace and tv. Now we are trying to get motivated....H is succeeding better than I am...

No comments: