In our travels yesterday, we found a source for nice firewood. H wanted to have the fire pit going last night so that we could enjoy the nice evening that was predicted.
The guy is a 5th generation on that plot of land! The city is building up around him and he hates it. I can't say that I blame him. His family has been there since 1874! However-many-great-grandfathers ago couldn't even imagine the busy 2 lane road with a stop light and multiple turn lanes that are in front of his old home.
Well, even tho he was a character, he sold some great firewood. H got the fire started before he even started the grill. We got to enjoy it for a bit, but then the rain set in. I guess we both missed that part of the forecast!!! Oh well. We moved inside and listened to Pandora and chatted. It was a nice evening.
I did take my camera out....TRIPOD and all! I was playing with some of the settings....automatic and manual! It was fun.
Apparently we didn't get too much rain...about 1/2" in the gauge....but the humidity didn't go away as it was very foggy on our morning walk.
The cricketers in the park:
H suffers me well when I take my camera along. They just waited for me.
Aren't I the luckiest girl in the world???
I think so!
H has started on brunch and I am playing on the computer...of course!
We harvested some cilantro from our CG yesterday. I have some avocados, so it will be a nice guacamole for the game. We also had some daikons that we harvested, so I found a recipe for a beef soup with daikon. With the fog, soup just sounds good, doesn't it?
Wish you were here to join us....so we could all cheer:
Go Steelers!
1 comment:
Love the stars in the second picture!
Post a Comment