We've gotten to the point where progress has been made!
Yes, the "formal dining room" will soon be the TV room!
Dining rooms don't fit into our lifestyle and the success that it has as an office was marginal. So we have decided that we want to forgo the TV in the living room and create a TV room. Part of the appeal is that we use the projector and the living room has too much light. We can darken the "dining room" easier and make it cozier.
We made the trek to Ikea yesterday and got a few things.
We found these really comfy chairs:
And a cool bookshelf that we will hang on the wall:
We did get it in black but I am using the white photo from the catalog so that you can see the detail better. We will put it on its side. I am hoping that it won't be too much to dust.
We also got panel curtains in a darker brown that will basically cover the entire window wall. I'm pretty excited about them and am hoping that we like them so that we can do the same thing in the living room. Neither of us are into fru-fru and I've been wanting straight panel curtains since our Sioux Falls days.
But First:
paint
electrical
hanging mechanisms for projector screen and bookcase and curtains
THEN:
We'll bring the futon down and maybe paint it and recover it
Hang everything
Rearrange the furniture....again (usually about 4x or so)
Maybe hang a photo or 2
Decide what to put on the bookcase
Enjoy~
Of course, I'm probably being overly optimistic as there will be 101 more things that come up. Oh well. At least we are on our way.

1 comment:
congratulations on making some decisions, that is sometimes the hardest part. There will be stops and starts along the way but it will be worth it in the long run. Good Luck Love ya
Post a Comment