Tuesday, August 10

2nd post for the day....a bit of progress....

After I got home from lunch, I got started on the new media room.  I moved some things out and the rest away from the walls.  I primed the chair rail and the base board.  Then I painted the bottom a dark golden tan.
I KNOW...start at the top and work down!
Well, we have 9' ceilings and I don't have a ladder tall enough to get up there.  I think that Denise has one but I haven't borrowed it yet.  So, in lieu of not starting at all, I am working from the bottom up!  And I plan on doing the trim work last....I'm not sure what order that goes in but I figure that my wall paint can cure for a few days while I do other jobs so that it can be taped when it comes time to do the trim.
 These are photos of 2 different walls.  The garage wall continues into the hall and then the kitchen, so we decided to paint it all one color and paint the chair rail the trim color.  The rest of the room will have the darker color below the rail and a lighter version of it on the top.
Now for a hot bath and some Ben Gay so that I can continue tomorrow!

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

What movie are we watching when we come up? Is the trim not going to be white. I like the sharp contrast.
Keep up the good work."Mush, Mush"!