I took the day off of painting and got ready to host a pizza party for some of the ladies in the 'hood. There were 5 of us and we had a very nice evening.
I didn't do too badly with the pizzas if I must say so myself. My last one was the best.....Mario Batali's pizza sauce with rosemary pesto under it with H's rotisserie chicken with mushrooms and cheese. Not too shabby.
After they left, i got on the computer to send them my pizza dough recipe and was talking to H on the phone when the dogs started to go nuts at the bottom of the yard. I couldn't see anything so I had to get the flashlight and I see a possum on the top of the fence!
UGH!
H tells me to go in the shed and get a shovel and hit it off of the fence.
ok.
I get to the bottom of the yard and realize that I can't hit the possum, let alone while holding a flashlight!
So I call the one neighbor and no answer.
I call another neighbor and no answer.
I'm debating my options when I hear some voices.....
"oh P&L?"
(the first neighbors that I called)
"YES"
I can only imagine the relief that they heard in my voice!
L came into the yard and took the shovel (YES! ) and P walked the outside of the fence with another flashlight and the possum moseyed down the fence away from us.
I guess that they had heard the dogs going nuts and figured that something was up. I'm so grateful for their intervention!!!
After the ordeal, we talked for a bit and then Cozmo was going after a cadydid or something like that. I caught it and showed P and he told me what it was. So I had my evening biology class. After I got inside, I called H. He was getting concerned that it was taking me so long to hit a possum with a shovel!
I am sure that Khak & Coz will have dreams of catching that little #@&%$# all night long.
And they will be the Mighty Hunters that they think they are...
No comments:
Post a Comment