We just found out that Joe, the boxer, has been limping because he has blown out his knee. We think that it was a couple of weeks ago when we were at the dog park. I guess he limped for 3 days or so. Then, he was at our house last Wed and he limped for a day & he just limped for an evening on Sunday. We were going to keep him for a few hrs this coming sunday while D worked but that will not happen. Keeping him calm will be the best. Her vet referred her to OUR vet...whom we love....so we know that he will get the best care. Of course, her vet warned her that if surgery would happen, it would be around 2 grand. Of course, Dr. Stork may have some other options or suggestions. It still is early in the game, so there may be a chance to let it heal on its own as well, but to keep a big dog inactive for months on end will be hard. And we were loving it that the Khakster had a big playmate...
And then my 2nd oldest sis's 2 dogs are 13 yrs old and not doing so well either.... She has a total MUTT who has bad arthritis in his neck but simply whines to get in the bathtub or any bit of water....and a border collie mix who is just amazing. But old age is creeping up quickly. her dogs are so interdependent that they totally need the other one and it could be a crisis in her home when one is not longer there....
On to a somewhat cheerier note....we have a big meeting after work tomorrow night, so we are to kill about 3 hrs of overtime. Since there are 3 of us in our department who will be affected, I volunteered to leave at 1pm today. I stopped at petsmart on the way home....had some mac-n-cheese & then took a puppy for a walk before it gets to the deathly cold temps that they are calling for. We were knee deep in the park when school let out. I managed to get him a little off leash time when traffic eased up in the park. Now, I have laundry in that I need to go check.....Yikes, like NOW!!!
love ya!
love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment