Saturday, February 16

a productive saturday....

WOW....we got a lot done today. It was a 2-fer for a pup dog.....a walk in the morning & a walk in the evening.

With the cooking extravaganza going to happen tomorrow, I was inspired to clean the fridge & most all of the cupboards. Things got rearranged & sorted & the crumbs wiped up. I started a small box for the garage sale. I will gather a lot more from the basement!
While cleaning the junk drawer, I gave my Pop & Miss Claaaaudyya (as H likes to say) a call. We had a wonderful chat & when she had to go & check her first attempt @ monkey bread, she handed the phone over to Pop. I love monkey bread....I think I could smell it 1500 miles away....aaaaahhhhhh.
(Pop & Claudia took this picture)

I shamed my Pop into learning how to download a picture! He took one of the monkey bread & called me back. Since he uses Juno online like I do, it was pretty easy to talk him thru it. It also made it easy that I could sign on & see exactly what the screens said that he was seeing. I really came to realize that I am my father's daughter!! He was impatient with all of the goofyness that the computer was doing & I was able to stop & try to explain. It was fun going from..."its just doing crazy things" to "AAAhhhhhhhhh, that's it!" So we'll see if he's practiced any. I haven't gotten any other picture in my inbox yet......

I started the 'sketti sauce for the lazagna & made the pasta dough to make noodles with. We won't make the lazagna noodles (we've bought those) but will make some for later. The dough works best if it has rested overnight, so it is in the fridge.

Now I need to clean the counters & make some dinner. I had some nice tomatoes & fresh mazzarella cheese for lunch. (I think it is called calabrese minus the fresh basil...I used dried) YUM! I also picked on some toasted almonds thru the day....now I should get busy again... of course, laundry has suffered & I really need to get some of that done too....

Well, a homemade tv dinner of leg lamb & carrots & onions is in the nuke.... glass of great wine.....a loyal pup at my feet...food network on tv....the only thing I'm missin' is my sweetie....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi cutie and little khaki tell big H I love the way he says my name and your pop and I are watching a movie its not too good but thats the way the movie crumbles your pop keeps saying its going to get better love ya clauida