Friday, October 8

I'm back on line....

 What a RUNT~  He went upstairs when he wasn't invited and then had to look so pathetic....
 Here's our little group:
J, Denise, Sangeeta, Sen and me
We had lunch last friday.  Sangeeta had to tell D & Sen that she is moving to the Netherlands!
(J & I already knew)
 The Melanders meeting us for our concert at the Polo Club

 The birthday boy and some floozy.
 Harlan and Marlin read the card.... can't you tell its time for some cheaters or longer arms?
 Last Saturday, I decided that the ivy was history!  So I started pulling...
 Then H came to help.  H's method worked smoother than mine so once he came to join me, it went pretty quickly.  Then the really hard part was to get all of the vines into the yard bags!  We did manage to squeeze them into 3.5, which I thought was pretty good.
 Runt Boy was on the hunt!  There must have been critters galore cuz Coz was about to be launched to the moon!  He wouldn't listen, got into the mound of grass clippings....ugh~
 He even got his kerchief messed up and we called him Tarzan for the afternoon.
 Can't you just tell that he's been risking life and limb....damn infiltrators!
 The Khakster knew that the runt was getting into trouble so he stuck close.  You can see most of the ivy is gone under the Japanese Maple tree.
 The Coz was a little shy about his kerchief faux pas and this was the best photo that I got of Tarzan.
The grass clipping pile started to get a larger radius due to a runty little boy.  H went to investigate what was so enthralling to him and couldn't find anything.   Just to the right of the garbage can/food composter is the spot where they LOVE to sniff the chipmunks that live in the wood pile on the other side of the fence.  Khaki has even gotten to barking at them.
"Come on Khak....do you REALLY think he'll come and play when you ask like that?"

Let's see, what else have I been up to?
D&Sen came over for lunch and we had a puppy play date.  Charlie and Khaki had a good time.  I think that Cozmo did as well.  Fred, well, he is a bit standoffish when it comes to these rambunctious mutts!   But the interaction does him good.
I've been walking with the neighbor and that has been going well.  We took today off as we both had something going.  I doubt that we'll walk this weekend but you never know.

Oh, I got word that the vacuum sweeper should be able to be picked up on Saturday.  It worked fine but it was looking a bit rough....missing a wheel, the light diffuser fell off, the handle came off of the beater bar when I was on thick carpet....the filters have never been changed.(about 13yrs or so)   So it was time for a little TLC.  I'm anxious to see what all they accomplished with it.

H made it home and is up taking a nap.  I'm making pizza dough and typing this out.  The dogs are napping under his couch, no doubt.
A leisurely weekend is planned here....except some vacuuming!
Hope yours is as good!

No comments: