Saturday, February 18

A busy Friday....

Not sure when I checked in last.  I think I told you that the bookcase is not long enough and we are at a standstill with installing the rest of the cabinets.  On Friday, our designer was back in the store, so he called me first thing and, since I had to pick up the flooring, I ran over and we went over the nuts and bolts. What happened was that the order was put in correctly, but the modification didn't transfer through to Innermost due to the computer fields not being long enough.  Ugh.  Oh well. HD has been really good.  And overall, this is still our easiest remodel to date!  I think that it is so much smaller in scope and we didn't have to dwell on a lot of decisions cuz we already know what we like and what's out there.

I also ran over to Ferguson's and picked up the faucets, sinks and cooker hood!   Really...the box says Cooker Hood!
Here's what it will look like out of the box.
  Here's what the faucets will look like.  We have stainless sinks to go with.
Here is the flooring....sorry, I don't have a good photo of it.  It looks like cork, but is really vinyl.  6"x36" strips
When I got home from HD, Geoff pointed out a bad problem that we have.   This was solely a design problem.
Our gal-wing door is too low on our utility cabinet.   We put it lower thinking that it would rise above the bottom of the upper doors.  Well, it doesn't. Geoff is about 6' and it is impossible for him and it is difficult for me.  So I called Thomas again and sent him the photo.  He's even taller, so he felt our pain!  He investigated our options and we are going to go with 2 regular doors with hinges that open normally.
The reason that this slipped by was because this is the first order that this particular HD has ordered from the new vendor.  So there is a bit of a learning curve.  Also, no one has asked to put this kind of door lower than a normal upper cabinet.   Thomas and I were studying the spec book intently and we went by the schematic shown.  Yes, I got my own spec book for the project!  They had an extra and I had a lot of questions...it was easier for all of us!
Anyways, the new doors have been ordered and we'll just deal with it.  I keep telling Thomas that I hate to be his problem child!  But I think he appreciates that I'm not the kind of customer that I hate.
Today, we ran to IKEA and picked up some shelf liners.  Too early to get those in as the cabinets are still open on top but at least I'm ready to go when I need them.  Also, Joan stopped over.  She's going to help me organize everything so that it all really flows great.   She was surprised that it was such as large project.  I was kind of surprised that anyone would think it was large....its the smallest we've done!

No comments: