Just so you know, I left the lights on the flag. I think it looked quite nice.
I woke up and walked the dogs. Yesterday and today, it has been so hot and humid that I've just thrown clothes and a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses on to get the boys out as early as possible. When you've just got to come home and take a shower anyways....and everyone has to squint to see you anyways...who needs to take the time for makeup???
Well, today, when we got back, I mowed the lawn for H. Then I started to pull the grass in earnest that is coming up in front bed. Bermuda grass is a pain when you get it where you don't want it! We went back and looked at the photos of the front being done and they DID pull up all of the grass (and relocated to the side yard) but it is still coming up in the middle of the flower bed! It is a bit aggravating. H also put some round up on the edges so those clumps are fairly easy to pull up. I have to admit that I didn't do the entire bed. I figured that I should save some of it for tomorrow!
Since I was all sweaty, I figured that I would go up to the garden and do my work there before showering. I picked 4 cucumbers and one yellow squash. I gave 2 of the cucumbers to a lady that was there tending to her garden and 2 to our neighbors, L&P. (I didn't need any at home) I am anticipating about 6-8 cukes being ready for picking by the weekend and I may make up some refrigerator pickles. By the weekend, we should also have a head of romaine to pick. Trimmed up the cucumbers, squash and tomatoes while I was there. Everything is looking quite good. Our eggplant isn't throwing off any more fruit or flowers and our tomatoes aren't turning flowers into fruit, either. Not sure if it is because it is too hot or if something else is at play.
A shower, bulgar salad and a beer sure has been good! I'm thinking of doing some ironing here soon. I think if I stop, I may not get going again. (and who ever wants to waste motivation??)
Well, my question of the day is:
Even tho I used spf30 everyday on my face, I still have freckles that are converging into brown blobs. I do battle every night with a lightening agent but it just ain't cutting it. Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment