We had a fun time in MN this weekend. We got to Mn on Saturday afternoon and stopped by the cabin to open it up and put the fans on. Then we headed to P&T's for dinner. It was a fun evening. We watched the ending of one of the Harry Potter movies. I have a fun photo of T doing the imitation of the guy with no nose, but figured that she'd kill me if I posted it!!!
We made it to church on Sunday and got to see some family and aunts and uncles and a few friends. H even met a few people that he'd heard about but hadn't ever run into before. Then we headed back to the cabin and H worked on the yard a bit and I vaccumed up some bugs in the house. So, while not totally spiffy, it isn't too bad.
You can see that Pterodactyl Island isn't faring so well after years of birds and bird poop! There are still a lot of birds out there, but...yuk! And the county is concerned for our properly working, non conforming septic system....
Then we headed down to Owatonna and had a wonderful dinner with Alan and Linda. They have a new French Bulldog named Louie! What a hoot....7months old and just started to play when we walked into the house uninvited! (we WERE invited, but we let ourselves in!) We heard him bark like once and it really wasn't a bark at all!
After that, we headed out to Jim & Pam's cabin where the party was still going. We didn't stay long and I have to admit, that I didn't get to see very many people as I saw Mary when she was walking out and we sat and got caught up on the Sioux Falls contingent! By the time we were leaving, I basically got to wave to everyone~ :-(
But it was a late night and both of us were ready to call it quits.
After a somewhat lazy am, Cookie came and her and I ran down to Medford to do some shorts shopping! I was lucking out all over the place! I found a pair of jeans and some really cute skorts in addition to several pairs of shorts! I barely got everything into my suitcase, but I did prevail!
We had to take some "done" photos with the Veteran Memorial that they constructed at their cabin. Chris, the guy kneeling in the front, is an Iraq War Veteran and Gig is a VietNam Vet & I'm not sure where Kirk fits into the military. I do know that he is a very strong supporter of our military families. They had the flag lowering ceremony (minus the music) and then photos were wanted so we took some.
We headed back to our cabin and caught up with the neighbors for a few minutes of chatting. In the meantime, our dinner guests arrived and set up the tables and chairs. Stories were told, laughs were laughed and then....HORSE SHOES!
First, directions had to be read. And then the rules had to be changed! Unlike bocci ball, Chip, the dog, could not play. Claire really was looking hard for the bocci ball set so that she and H could play dog induced bocci, but, alas, that was not to be. So horse shoes, it was. I'm not even sure who won.
The bugs got to be a bit thick:
Yes, those spots against the sky are bugs, not birds!
But you can see why we love the place so much!
Tuesday we went straightened up and finished packing and went to H's parents house, got them and then to H's other brother and got him and then headed to Rochester where they dropped me off at the airport. I pulled into the house at 1am and after some unwinding, got to sleep after 2.
Picked up the dogs today and was happy to hear that they were angels....other than trying to dig up one of their trees......
3 comments:
Good to see the pictures. Glad that you got to see everyone and had a good time.
Happy to hear you had a good trip!
Looks like a super fun weekend! and beautiful views!
Post a Comment