Monday, June 14

Happy Flag Day~

I noticed that my dahlia's are starting to bloom.  They are so pretty...I just love yellow and red flowers!  And when they are together in the same bloom....I'm hooked!  Of course, the sun was so bright that I didn't notice that nasty little bug on the bud!  the sun made it so hard to get a good one without any shadow.
this one is in full bloom...obviously.  It is as close to no shadow that I could get.  Oh well...I like it anyways...
Sen, Denise & I ran to get some lunch and then to the vitamin store.  After that, Sen had to stop at Publix and so I tagged along.  It was a fun afternoon.

It has been ghastly hot here.  At 8am this morning, I walked the mutts....it was 74 degrees with about 91% humidity.  ugh.  Oh well.  It could be worse so I won't complain....much~   Of course, our water bill will be high this month as I've had to take 2 showers everyday, or so it seems!

I managed to get the ladder out and hang up the flag for Flag Day.  I just have to remember to take it down tonight.  Or maybe I will move the light to shine on it and leave that on all night.  We'll see. Eventually, I would like to get a better spot to hang the flag but we aren't allowed to have flagpoles in the ground in our development.....hhmmm...any suggestions for a hanging system is appreciated!

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

The front of the house looks so nice. As the flowers get thicker is will be beautiful. I love the rockers. sorry no flag solution.
Love ya