I had about 6-8 cucumbers from the garden and so I made up some more 'fridge pickles. And at the Farmer's Mkt there is a couple that come from a big farm in Alabama. We spoke to them a few weeks ago and they seem very nice. They have 5 acres or so of blueberries. So we bought 5.5lbs! They told us to freeze them just by putting them into a ziploc bag and then pulling them out when we want. Give them a quick rinse when we pull them out frozen. I wasn't crazy about that idea as I want to pop them into my mouth like Popsicles....SO, I washed them in batches in my lettuce spinner. Spun them out and now have them on towels on the table. I plan to put them into ziplocs tomorrow morning when they are dry and then I don't have to worry about them getting frozen together OR washing them before I eat them!
Had a good walk this evening....Charlie got here this morning but we had already walked our guys before he got here. It was funny tonight as there were quite a few people out and about and I could see that I was getting some smiles......not many people walk 3 dogs around here and such a menagerie as this one! One of these days, I want a photo of me doing just that. (I'll be sure to share if ever I get one!)
Nothing much planned tomorrow as we got most of our chores done today. The garden "store" at the Farmer's Mkt was selling out of their marigolds, so we got 2 flats of 18/each. I'll put them in tomorrow am, I hope. Then the normal endeavor of trying to find the kitchen counter will need to be done along with some ironing and vacuuming. And of course, 2 walks and probably some fetch & emails to M&D. Maybe I'll run into Sen.....
Have a Happy Sunday~
Have a Happy Sunday~
No comments:
Post a Comment