Saturday, April 24

rain, glorious rain....but we can forgo the stormy part....

It was rainy this am that I had a hard time getting up early to make it to Bulloch.  I did get there before 9am when the event started, tho.  I helped the plant sale for the Master gardeners.  The gardeners propagate plants and then sell them at reasonable prices to the public.  Let me tell you that there was a RUSH up the hill at 9am when it started!  I was amazed.  There are regulars who come and the weather was not going to be a damper on it!
They did have a bake sale and I just HAD to purchase the cupcake below:
Yep!  The pansy was coated in sugar and tasted like, well, sugar.  The rest of it was ok.  I enjoyed the oatmeal raisin cookies a bit more.
I did make it home around noon so the pups weren't left as long as I had anticipated.  We managed to get a short walk in around the circle and now it is starting to rain heavier.  Well, the gardens and yards are really screaming for it.  (yes, I can hear all the blades of grass screaming YEAH!)
I laid on the couch with a book and fell asleep.  It was a nice way to spend part of a dreary day.   Got a chill when I woke up so I took an early shower and am debating what to do with myself now.  The dogs seem to think that it is time for a walk, but they just aren't getting it that it is RAINING and we AREN'T going.
Poor guys.

No comments: