We've had some wonderful weather this week. I even have had a complement on my "tan"! Of course, Lisa, a friend of mine, is REALLY pale! But a few days in the sun have helped the pasty white legs...now, I'm just white!
Pollen season has hit in full force. This am, the news said that it was over 5000! Normally, it is about 120. When we sat outside last night for a few hrs, the items that we took out with us were covered with a nasty little yellow film! Today, when I left Bulloch Hall, my windshield was a quite a bit more yellow than when I arrived. I am hoping for a bit of the rain that they are calling for tomorrow....to clean my car!!!
Oh, that damn Eastern Towhee....has made a mess of my side mirrors!!! Mine aren't glass, so I hope he hasn't scratched them too badly! H noticed that on his and my vehicles, you can see the "wing marks" in the pollen of the STUPID BIRD trying to make a nest on our cars!
Oh, I'll try to get a photo of the "artwork" on the back of my car. The rear windshield wiper and fluid made such a creative monochromatic mural on my Vibe that I offered to sell the mural to my friend.....she said that she had one similar........
OH, OH, OH.....I have been asked to impersonate Mittie Bulloch at the annual Magnolia Ball this June. The lady who "runs" Bulloch Hall asked me as we are about the same size and she has some dresses that I may fit into. I also volunteer to help with just about everything. I'm not sure if I would be very good at it. My big sis is the actress of the family and .....ooopfh! The accent, the vivacity, the mannerisms.....and she was 18!!!! Yikes! And most of the people who will attend the Ball are from the "Friends of Bulloch" who are the movers and shakers and money bags of the area! Yikes, little ole' me trying to act like Mittie to these people who are mostly Southerners...... I may need some practice.......
I haven't committed yet...but may try on the dresses first...........
1 comment:
oh how exciting! You should hear enough southern accents in your travels to pick up on it. You are good about adapting to the accent that you are around! I see you as a beautiful southern belle!! Go for it.
Post a Comment