Monday, August 31

pizza on a stick and freerice.com

Went to J's for dinner. I volunteered to take dinner for her and the 3 kids. I got there after school and it was fun to watch homework being done. I even got a few things learned to me! Like Giant Squid shoot ink when they are in trouble to get away...like octopi do! It was quite fun.

I took dinner over and tried to find something easy that kids would like. I saw Pizza On A Stick...or rather the makings of pizza all on a skewer. I took over some fixin's and they got to make their own. Seemed like they enjoyed it. I have to admit that you may want to make more than one per person. R, the teenager to be, made another one to bake up. But I think it would have been ok to have made a few extras to pick what you wanted as it was a smaller portion. Dip the bits in tomato sauce...good to go!

I was on facebook...I KNOW...I'm rarely on Facebook. I really don't lead that interesting of a life and what IS interesting, well, I would rather share here than there...or not at all! But I was glancing at a young college gal's that I happen to be friends with and I was reminded of a great website that teaches you great vocabulary AND for every correct answer donates 10 grains of rice to some world hunger charity. (ok, I'm not sure which one off hand.)
I usually do ok but tonight...I got to LEVEL 39! That is my best, I think. Try it out...I know that you'll like it!!!!

www.freerice.com

By the way, there are links within the site that answers any question that you may have about the organization and how it came about and where the rice goes, etc, etc, etc.....

2 comments:

silliedillie said...

I love that site. I have thought about it but couldn't remember just waht is was. I am going to make it one of my favorites. Thanks

silliedillie said...

ok, I got to level 34 when i hit 1000. How much rice did you have when you got to 39??