I found this article on making your own laundry detergent with a link to make your own dishwasher detergent. For anyone who has skin sensitivities or is on a limited budget (apparently it costs about $12/year to make and use!) it may be worth looking into. There are about 1000 comments below it that should address just about any question that you have about it. The one that didn't seem to be answered is if it is ok to use with a septic system. Most likely it would be less caustic to the little bacteria in there than some of the other things that you put down your drain but you'd have to do your own research on that. I haven't tried it yet as I have just bought a big bottle of ALL. But I plan on creating it after I am thru with this bottle. There are options for either liquid or powder forms....powder seems easier. Oh, and you never have to buy fabric softener again....white vinegar does a bang up job from what everyone says ...and it DOESN"T make your clothes smell!
Here is the link if you are interested. Also, they have other links for all kinds of helpful tips:
http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/
Hope this helps someone out there!
Here is the link if you are interested. Also, they have other links for all kinds of helpful tips:
http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/
Hope this helps someone out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment