Tuesday, August 25

Julie & Julia...

Another co-worker of H's moved to GA recently and his wife and I got together today and did something unusual for me.....we went to a MOVIE! Can you believe it?!!?! I can barely believe it myself! I normally can't sit still that long, but it was a cute movie and held my interest without any suspense or scary parts! So I was good!
Julie & Julia was cute. I'm by no means a movie critic but I have to say that the acting was great. Merle Streep is so believable! And the character of Julie was neurotic enough to have been me! There was a downer part near the very end...no, no one died or anything like that.... and overall, the ending is quite good.

On Thursday, I am going to a small town off of I-20, just before arriving to Alabama with this same lady. I would tell you the town name if I could spell or pronounce it! I'll have to fill that detail in once I go there. She goes weekly to visit one of her childhood babysitters who lives there. She painted such a quaint picture of her friend, the town and spending time there that I just had to accept her invite to join her.
And really, what else do I have to do other than:
clean
paint
organize closets, garage, pantry, etc...
walk the livestock
laundry
iron
etc
etc
etc

oh well, it will all be still waiting for me....

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

I am so glad that you made a friend! Just be careful, don't let anyone talk you into anything that you aren't comfortable with.(remember your upbringin!) Once you start going to movies, you might be expected to "do" lunch and (Oh, my gosh) go window shopping! Have fun!!!