Wednesday, December 15

A challenging Wednesday.....

The day started out well.  As I was getting the dogs ready to be walked, I noticed that there was a drip coming from a living room window that has no reason to be leaking.  I called H at the office and he figured that it was just a clogged gutter.   As I was cleaning the same room, I heard the drip that I was expecting to....and then another...from a different place.   hhhmmmm.
I made sure that a Runty White Dog wasn't the cause.....
and then I looked up. The photo below is the ceiling in the loft.  Yeah.  not so good.  So I called H again and left him a msg and he came home early.  It ended up being the drain for the furnace had frozen from our several days of below 32 degrees.  (Crazy southern construction:  furnace goes in the attic and then run the drain pipe to an outside wall.  Up north, they learned a long time ago not to put any plumbing in an outside wall for this very reason.....oh, and why would you put a furnace in the attic....heat rises.......ugh)   H did get the drain line cleared and the leak in the house has mostly stopped.  You can see the outline of several of the sheets of drywall on the vaulted ceiling and the loft ceiling.  That will have to be replaced and painted.  So much for replacing a poorly grouted shower.....
 But we did have another flock of robins come thru and clear up some of the Bradford Pears.  This was the most that I could get in a photo....11.  They were quite energetic and wouldn't stay still for long.  And the more they eat.....the less that our grazing livestock will ingest.
 These photos were almost blind luck....they just kept flitting around so it was hard to find, focus and zoom in on them...
Tonight, I delivered a few of the neighbor's gifts that we made up.  We've gotten some rain so the sidewalks have gotten slick so I will wait to do the rest tomorrow.  After H is off of a conference call, we will head next door to toast the holidays and have a few nibbles.   Should be good.

No comments: