Friday, September 17

ok, where did the week go???

Let's see, can't remember what I did on Monday...Tuesday and Thursday, I was at Bulloch.  Both days, I stopped and watered the garden before I got there and then went shopping after I was done.  I went to JoAnn Fabrics and then to Ulta on Thurs as my flat-iron had died and I needed a new one.

Wednesday, I went walking with a neighbor.  She also has a dog but wants to do some power walking for 30min/day.  I'm game.  The boys still got their 2 walks in and I got 45min of chatting/walking time in.  We went overboard but as we are getting to know each other, we lost track of time!   We were going to walk this am but Beth has a blister that is slow to heal, so we are going to take a break so that it heals first.  Then we'll be off and walking!  I also met up with Denise and Sam for lunch at the new Greek restaurant.  It was good.  An extremely limited menu, which, after seeing the kitchen (it was open, along the one wall) was surprising as it took up about 1/2 of the place!  It will take awhile for people to know that they are open and I hope that they make it.  It would be nice to get a more elaborate menu, tho....

Today, Jim and Sen took me to the driving range.  Jim is a very patient teacher.  I used to be consistent but for some reason, I'm no longer.  He is trying to change my grip as he feels I'll get more power from intertwining my fingers.  But that feels so weird.   I did have some good shots and was much more on aim....even when I wasn't really aiming!   I did get a blister on my finger....the one without the glove!   Of course, I used to get a tender spot in the same place in the past so that is even more reason that Jim says that I need to change my grip.

It was a good time with good friends and I even gave Sen the nudge to join us and get back into it.

It was so hot golfing that I had to shower when I got home.  then it was to Ace and Kroger.  I made up some pesto and am in the process of making up some pizza dough.  My mixer takes its time in working the gluten so it is a bit of a slow process.  My camera slows the action down quite a bit!
This setting is telling you that the timer is on 5 minutes and it is going about as FAST as it can!! (which is really fast...which sounds weird as it takes awhile to get the glutens going?? go figure)

Oh, I remember one thing that I did on Monday....
We went to that Farmer's Mkt and got some Muscadine and Scuppernog grapes....well, I made some juice with it....
Well, tried anyways....
Considering that all of the fleshy innards joined the juice.....it was frothy for DAYS and even with one layer of cheese cloth, it never really separated back into juice....
guess it is better to let someone else do it and buy it from them....

H got home yesterday and has been busy in the office.  Jason is coming over for pizza....which should be interesting as our peel broke....
Pizza on the grill may have to take a different tact....

Have a great weekend~

No comments: