Was a quiet weekend for the most part. It seemed like it was threatening rain for most of it. H had phone calls that went late on Friday night. Saturday, it was a little yard work and house cleaning before I headed to the neighbor's house and H had friends over to watch the Nascar race on the patio. Across the street was a small gathering to visit with a neighbor who just lost her husband to cancer. I got to meet a few people and one of them had lived in a house with our same floor plan so I got some ideas of what we can do.
Sunday started slowly and never really got moving any faster! Went to a different neighbor's for a gathering. A&P just had a baby boy and they invited a few neighbors to join the normal Sunday family dinner. P's parents are Asian and the food was AMAZING!!! We were made to feel so welcome and got to meet another neighbor's wife. She is a hoot! I do hope that we'll see them again soon as well. Oh, A&P have the same floor plan as we do so we spent quite a bit of time exchanging ideas of how to remodel the kitchen and the bathroom and closets!
After that, we loaded up the dogs and headed up to the garden. H kept them busy while I was in the garden watering and spraying bugs...by the way, I didn't see many. YEAH!!! Then we walked around the paths. Wills Park is so nice and there were people out galore! Baseball games, tennis matches, frisbee golf, horses in the barns...you name it.....other than the pool is still closed.
After that fun time, H took a nap while I sat on the patio reading. It was so beautiful out, even if it was a bit humid. I got a bit more sun on my shoulders than I needed but all is well and my hot shower has eliminated any sting that I would have had. we had another late dinner and watched Hee Haw out on the patio...it was fun. You should have been here.
No comments:
Post a Comment