Saturday, May 22

a nice Friday and a garden-y Saturday....

Met up with some friends for lunch yesterday @ Whole Foods.  Got a few things and then headed home.  As usual, I made the "best pizza ever!" last night.  H makes sure that he tells me that EVERY Friday night.  Of course, he grills them and that is the most important part so it is up to him to make me shine~

This am was my volunteer day at the community garden.  It was Art in the Garden day and there were some artists peddling their wares and so we had "greeters" there to answer any questions.  Really, I just visited with anyone that I saw and most of them were fellow gardeners or artists.  There was a really interesting presentation tho.  One of the gardener's father is a bee keeper in South Carolina and he and his wife came all this way to give a presentation about bee keeping!  It was very interesting.  They are journeymen bee keepers, master gardeners and master preservationists!  He has about 15 raised beds that are 4x30'!  Now those would be some gardens!   I'm drooling just thinking about them.  His wife and I spoke for a bit and she said that they take a lot of the extra produce to their church.  He also starts all of his plants from seeds and gives away the extras.  I sometimes think that is the best part of gardening is the sharing....until I bite into a perfect tomato or cucumber and then I'm not quite so sure!!

One of the gals that we know at the garden made these hats for a few of us.  Aren't they so cute!!  I had to wear mine home as my hair was a mess AND the little girls were out next door and I knew they would get a kick out of it.  Our other neighbor had to snap a photo and email it to us....I'm kind of glad that she did......
Wish you were here to try on my special hat...


1 comment:

silliedillie said...

I love Paperbag hats. Nice speciman! No two are alike!