Friday, May 7

Getting along just fine...

Not a lot happening. Dog sitting Charlie, the beagle.  We have neighbors who have a cattle dog named Fred.  I was surprised that I started to call Charlie, Fred.  Then I remembered that Big Sis had a beagle named FRED.  That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

We are trying to get used to having a puppy in the house.  Charlie is afraid of his shadow AS WELL AS a big khaki colored dog who stands and barks at him.   Cozmo always seems to get the brunt of it all as he's small and more socially adept than most of the dogs who come here (not all).  So he gets licked, smelled and just plain violated.  But he tolerates it so well.   It has been hard to "play" with Charlie as when we start, Khaki gets excited and barks and Charlie runs to the corner to cower....OR jumps on your lap.  Which isn't allowed.  I do have to admit that Charlie does VERY well on our walks, other than barking a few times at people or other dogs.  A quick correction and he usually does what you want him to.  He is slowly getting to rules of the house down altho he doesn't respond well when I "claim space".  He's so afraid of everything so he runs behind me instead of away.  But he's getting better in just 2 short days.  Now if we can sleep thru the night: he isn't used to being in a kennel and that is a requirement here (or if he was at a professional dog sitter's or vet's.

Well, it is pizza nite.  Just the dogs and me.  We'll take our walk later tonight as it is 86 out right now.

1 comment:

Tonyia said...

86˚? Are you serious?!! We had a fire and it helped warm up. Today we broke down and turned the furnace back in. It wouldn't get any warmer than 59˚ in the house.

86˚? Huh...