I met up with some friends for coffee and to see some of the changes that the hostess and her family have done in their yard....very nice. As always, there is always so much to do.
When I got home, I got my free food out of the freezer along with 4 chicken carcasses and have started to make some broth up.
Have I told you about free food? It the ends and bits of your produce that you cut off and throw out or compost but that are still good. Wash & freeze those bits up and then make broth! Since we use a lot of broth and I've made my own for years, it made perfect sense when I read it. I had about 5 glass jars in the freezer that were taking up a lot of space....so it was time to get busy!
I think that it will be some stir fried bok choy (from the garden) with some cherry tomatoes that Denise brought over last night. (not from her plants, tho). I also have some leftover rotisserie chicken to add to it. Over some rice. It should be fairly good. H gets home earlier than expected tonight, so I'm glad that I had a plan for dinner!
I had seen on the Internet where you peel and cut up bananas into little discs and freeze them. Then, you put them into a blender and use a spoon to push them down. After a bit, they cream up and you have "ice cream"! It does help to add a bit of liquid. Milk would be good. Just a little would make it creamy or more would make it a great milk shake. The problem that you get is that it freezes into a lump should you refreeze it. If you like adult beverages, you can mix a bit of amaretto or baileys or something in there and it will allow you to freeze it and then scoop it easier should you refreeze it. (it is more scoopable like Italian ice or gelato, not ice cream) I've been wondering if you mix something with some oil such as peanut butter to it. would that keep it scoopable should you refreeze it? Anyone willing to take the challenge? Let me know what you get~
Denise and I made it with Amaretto and it was very yummy. Of course, it tasted like bananas so you should like them if you try this. Denise saw someplace that if you add blueberries, it is yummy but a grayish color. We didn't try that, but probably will at some point.
We put this on our No Guilt Brownies from Trader Joe's. There is a super suggestion on the box that says that if you take 2 TBS of the mix and 1 TBS of yogurt, mix, nuke for 45sec...single serving! Add banana/amaretto "cream".
Yum~
I almost forgot: here's the link that I found, not sure where Denise found hers:
http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com/2010/05/this-ice-cream-is-bananas-b-n-n-s.html
I almost forgot: here's the link that I found, not sure where Denise found hers:
http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com/2010/05/this-ice-cream-is-bananas-b-n-n-s.html
1 comment:
I love banannas and make smoothies all of the time. My favorite banana, peanut butter and some chocolate creamer or choco syrup. I add yogurt when i have it and maybe a little skim milk. Not ice, i just put it in the refridg to get cold and it is thick, creamy and refreshing. I like the idea of freezing the bananas. Gotta love a bananna!!
Thanks for your recipe.... Ameritto- yum!
Post a Comment