Wednesday, May 13

ugh...remodeling.....

You know...it never fails. When Ray was here, he worked in the guest bath and got the tiles cleaned and the grout sealed both in the shower and on the floor. I painted the room blue because it goes so well with the crisp white of tile, tub & toilet.

So I figured that a small job that I could do at my own pace would be to do the sink room of the guest bath. Paint, new hardware, etc. how hard can that be?
You guessed it!
After 3 different yellows, I have found the right one. So I need to give it one last coat and to finish painting the trim. I believe that most of the trim is painted with oil based paint and there are about 3 different colors of trim throughout the house. This is my attempt to prime and paint it all in latex and get it all the same color.
So I ran to HD yesterday and got the paint and while that was mixing, I ran thru the electrical dept. I found a nice light fixture that was very reasonable. It has a nice ballast box and a bar that has 3 nice halogen lights that won't heat up the small room.
Knowing that the wires come out in one place, I saw no reason why this wouldn't work.

(silly me)
This light is on our bathroom. It isn't our favorite to say the least. Just think UGLIER and that is what was in the guest bath!!! Total contractor grade light bar with 6 lights. Talk about ugly AND heating up that room! That would be nice in the winter, but not so much in the summer!

And besides, other than having H change out the light and maybe the faucet, it is a project that I could do myself. And that room would be done for years to come......
How hard can this be???
Yeah, now you see my problem. One electrical box, round and about 8" will not cover these holes!!!! UGH!!! Neither of us are excited to do any drywall work.....
We're taking suggestions......

We plan on asking Dad to put a frame around the mirror when he comes....hopefully it will be an easy job and he is so good about miter cuts.....

But what about the holes??? :-(

5 comments:

silliedillie said...

For dresser knobs they sell a plate to hide the hole when you convert from 2 to 1 hole. Can you find something made to do that or buy a decorative piece of wood to cover the one hole and put a hole in the middle to hang the new light?

Anonymous said...

This would be easy to fix with a piece of dry wall and compound. I could have it fixed in a couple of days.

Ed

coleen~ said...

so when ya comin'??? We can drywall too, but just don't want to. But feel free....

:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see, Saurday is out, Marybeth needs a ride to school every day for the next two weeks, Nathan has track meets on Tuesday's, and others that I do ot remember exact dates. Would June be to late?

Ed

coleen~ said...

Unfortunately, we have guests coming this weekend that we need it up for. :-( Maybe we can find more drywall projects for you, tho?