Thursday, May 7

garden update....

I stopped by the garden today. I had to get some bloodmeal and I finally found some. Bloodmeal adds nitrogen and also is unappealing to rabbits and rodents. I LIKE that idea! We found it to be pretty effective in SF, but you just had to reapply after rains. 6 miles may make it harder to keep up with this than being just right outside of the garage, but we'll do what we have to.As you can see, lots more seeds are up. I was able to add more newspaper mulch. I didn't wet it down as we are supposed to get more rain tonight and thru the weekend.
We have our first pepper!!! Yeah!
our row of bush beans. All but 2 seeds are up.
It is lookin' good!
We settled on "The Little2 Farm". Figured that it would take less explainin'.
I had a wonderful surprise in that Naomi had a 2 hr layover in the ATL airport last night on her way back to MCO from SLC! We had a little dinner, caught up as much as you can with less than 2 hrs. It was great to be able to go and visit! Hopefully her and Ben can come and visit soon!
(she got a better photo of the 2 of us but I don't have it yet. Also, don't I need a HAIRCUT??!! I hate trying to find a new stylist!!!!)

No comments: