Wednesday, December 5

taco cheesecake???

Howdy! It was a busy day at work & from the sounds of it, the same for H. I came home & we walked a big white furry mutt. He is getting better when we let him off of the leash at the park. We wait until we are about 1/2 way into the walk & then have lots of treats in our pockets!!!! The Khakster has done amazing this past week. He comes pretty dog gone good when we call him!! I think a lot of that has to do with H being home so much too.

Tonight, I am printing off pictures of the boys for my friend's Christmas cards. I really should think about getting some out for ourselves, eh?? Oh, Harlan.....

We have another "special" birthday at work this week. Chuck is turning 75! 2 weeks ago it was Lyle turning 65 & about 3 weeks before that was Roger turning 65. Lynn turned something this fall..... Not only does this get expensive (we all go in for gift certs), but the pot lucks have been coming fast and furious!!

But who can resist a pot luck??? We have about 25 ppl or so in our office and for the most part, everyone brings something....and there are a lot of great cooks & bakers! I'm starting to call it...."wear your loose pants day" instead of "pot luck".

Just so you know, my contribution tomorrow will be an Italian veggie soup. We had all of the ingredients, so I cut them up tonight and will take them & plug in the crock pot in the morning. I hope it is as good as it looks. I have some successes....some, well, not so much.

I have elected myself to be the curator of all of the recipes for these wonderful pot lucks. I also take pictures of everyones wonderful creations because, well, that is what I do. My hope is to one day create a cook book for my friends at AAA. If anyone knows of a great, ie: a REALLY EASY program to publish cookbooks with, please pass that along to me! I would be indebted to you.
In case you are interested, the picture is of a taco cheesecake. Yes, cheesecake! And it was YUMMY!!
H is watching Eric Clapton's Jazz & Blues concert on PBS while I am in here on the computer. I think I am starting to hear snores emanating from the other room.......
For not being outside & not having friends over.... I can't think of a better way to spend the evening...... here with my boys close by.....
I hope you are spending your evening in the best way for you!
love you lots!

No comments: