We picked the girls up on Thursday evening. We managed to schedule them in and out within an hour of each other. That made transit very easy! Came home and got comfy and everyone slept well. Got up and had breakfast and then headed up to South Carolina for lunch with A.Jane & U.Paul. And, Paul, JR joining us was a special treat!
Haven't seen him in years! It was just too bad that Becky wasn't able to get off of work to join us for a beautiful lunch that A.Jane made for us.
Cousins
Growing up, we seemed to spend a lot of time with the Partezana's in Cleveland and A.Jane & U.Paul's family. They lived a lot closer, in Bridgeville, then. I always felt so much closer to these 2 families than all of the other cousins & Aunts and Uncles than all of my other ones. I'm sure it had to do with time well spent.
When I breezed up there just after Easter, A.Jane warned me that she had a bunch of Iris' that she had and that I was welcome to take what I wanted.
So on this trip, we wandered their large back yard and dug up quite a bit!
So on this trip, we wandered their large back yard and dug up quite a bit!
U.Paul & Me
A.Jane & Me.
These got a little out of order. On Sunday, we went to Bulloch & Barrington Halls. At Bulloch, Jeanne gave us a great tour! Almost one of the best that I've been on! She managed to get so much information squeezed into our time without feeling rushed that I'm still in awe!
After the tour, I took them up to the attic. Unfortunately, the normal tour doesn't have time for you to go up there. But we were just wandering.
I do think that Deb was adopted. Her inner actress sure doesn't fit in our family! Our children's museum room is always a hit with the kids.....and most adults, too!
On the way out, we snapped some photos.
At Barrington Hall, we had planned on just walking the grounds. But we got there and one of the ladies told us to hurry, that the tour had just started and we could fit right in! So we did! We can't take photos in Barrington, so we took some outside. I like their grounds better than at Bulloch, I must admit.
A very stately home with a porch on 3 sides! Very cool!
On Saturday, yeah, I told you the photos were out of order.....we went to the farmer's market. Being spring, there aren't lots of veggies yet, but HusSon has a local farm and he always has the best veggies. I got some potatoes, radishes and lettuce from him.
Then it was up to the garden. It was a work day, so H did some work! We are required to have 5 hrs of volunteer time there, so he got quite a bit in. I, on the other hand, need to pick it up a notch to not fall behind! Time spent on your garden does not count towards your hours. Our garlic is growing nicely. We do have a few popcorn plants coming up! We planted about 10 seeds so far. We will plant more once we harvest the garlic.
When we have a work day, there are more gardeners there and so I get to be at my best social butterfly-ness. I'm way more shy than my sisters but I really come out of my shell at the garden! Even total strangers who wander in get a hello and some gardening information from me!
My Sis' were telling me that it was time to go home! They were having Khaki and Cozmo withdrawals! No, really, they were! So we headed back. Soon after, Cousin Kathy called to say that she was nearby. She was only able to stay about an hour, but we all enjoyed it so much!
We took a picture in our Caroline taught pose, but I like our feet one much better!
Saturday night, we had the Melander's over to join us for some steak and chicken and veggies. Not sure what I'm doing in this photo!
It has been such a windy weekend....like gale force....that we've spent a lot of time inside. It would have been nice to eat on the patio, but....not so much.
A few random photos:
Getting picked up at the airport on Thursday....H had a small sign that said "Mrs. Dillie" so that she would know who her driver was!
Laughter was abundant this weekend, that's for sure!
Well, Everyone has been sent on their way home. We all woke up a bit tired today. Deb said that all this relaxing was hard work. Go figure.
I need to get motivated to clean up the kitchen.....more things are happening this week! Hope to keep you updated, but don't fret if I can't.

No comments:
Post a Comment