Jim arrived around 9 and got right to work yesterday. He makes it look so easy! I had one gallon of Behr's Wasabi Powder, which is the color that I had already painted on the walls that I could reach. The problem came in when I tried to get a lighter version for the ceiling. The first guy 1/2'd a color that I didn't give him. The 2nd guy did the right formula, but the color isn't even green!
I used a color deck that I had and found something close to Wasabi Powder and pulled the color that was near the top of the card. I got that this evening and I'm too scared to try it!!! If it isn't right, I don't know what I am going to do!
Geoff came and did some siding. He then cleaned the drywall around the new vent and put in some new drywall. I taped and mudded it. I give him grief cuz there is almost 3/8" in height difference in the corners that I need to build up with the mud. What a mess.
You're killing me Geoff!!!
The front of the house...from the inside.
I had painted the short wall around the window....cuz I can reach that! So Jim worked on the high stuff for me. He isn't going to do the loft area walls, just the ceiling and the high stuff.
Good work on the ceiling, Jim!
More progress.
I didn't get a photo of my mudding....still have a bit to go on that. With Jim here, I'm sure that he is going to push me to get it done faster than I'm inclined to.
For my dinner last night,
I got to harvest our first asparagus of the year!
Probably a good thing that H wasn't here....not a lot to share.
I had made up some brown rice 2 days ago and had extra. I took out some roasted garlic and roasted tomatoes from the freezer....saute'd the asparagus in that....put on top of the brown rice...
Yum!
We will be able to eat most of the crop this year....YEAH!!! Amy, the neighbor got wide-eyed when I told her I was harvesting.....Yes, we will share with them as they are so generous about watering for us when we are gone.
Today, I caught up with a dear friend for lunch at her house. She has some back issues and the last time that I saw her, she was really looking poorly. I was concerned. Come to find out that she took herself off of 12 medications (not recommended by any doctor) and she has a clear head, eats so much better and has her old spark and spunk back! She has one pain patch that, so far, is working at making her back pain tolerable. So needless to say....today was such a blessing to be able to spend lunch with her.
After our visit, I went to a different Home Depot and put their paint department to the test. I had some old color formulas that were difficult to find in their new system. But the 2 guys combined efforts and came through famously and were very pleasant while doing so. Of course, I still haven't tested the ceiling sample....but I have good vibes....
Tomorrow will be a mushroom growing class in the morning. It is being taught by one of our fellow gardeners. Of course, it is a day where I could be doing several other good classes like a bread making class at Whole Foods, or going to the Organic Growers conference in Asheville, like I did last year. One of the local nurseries are teaching a lawn care class that looked like it had potential...oh well.... After the mushroom class, I should be hitting the spackle bucket pretty hard. H will be home by then and then I'll have my mojo back. Of course, I have to get through the storms coming this evening. We are in a tornado watch til 1am. I HATE STORMS!!!!
Tomorrow will be a mushroom growing class in the morning. It is being taught by one of our fellow gardeners. Of course, it is a day where I could be doing several other good classes like a bread making class at Whole Foods, or going to the Organic Growers conference in Asheville, like I did last year. One of the local nurseries are teaching a lawn care class that looked like it had potential...oh well.... After the mushroom class, I should be hitting the spackle bucket pretty hard. H will be home by then and then I'll have my mojo back. Of course, I have to get through the storms coming this evening. We are in a tornado watch til 1am. I HATE STORMS!!!!
1 comment:
nice color. dying to see what color the kitchen is going to be.....
Post a Comment