Well, we are winding down.
Yesterday, Geoff started to hang the "cooker hood"!
Note the red wall.
Many thanks to Casey Robinson for inspiring H to have a red wall in one's kitchen!
Testing the height....this is the maximun over the cooktop. We ultimately lowered it about 2.5"
My job was to prime the powder room. Oh, jail house stripes, YOU"RE GONE!
Geoff put in the crown moulding. It looks Fab!
I have to admit that it is the only room in the house that has any and I would have rather gotten rid of it, but it really does add the finishing touch on the room.
I know, I detest painting over wallpaper. But this was on so well and I couldn't bring myself to pull off the top layer of drywall and then have to spackle the entire room.....remember Big Sis, having to do that in our master bath in Sioux Falls? Ugh! I don't have the energy right now for that! So, Chris, Geoff's helper, used to work at a paint store and recommended that I prime with an oil based primer to make sure that it would never lift due to any water based products, so I gave 'er two coats of the oil stuff.
Had to let it dry/de-smell for a day before I got back to it. So, today, Geoff lowered the hood and got it installed. Looks great, eh? And it is pretty quiet on the lowest setting and a full bore tornado in the highest setting!
Geoff and Chris made a template to put the underlayment in the pantry. That way, when we lay the floor, we can go right on through with no seams or hesitations.
After I worked for Dr.Donna today, I came home and painted the powder room. I would have loved to use a spa-like blue, but I have a lot of paint left over from the living room and kitchen so I'm using those. I tried the ceiling paint that I put in the living room, but it was quite yellowy! It looks light beige in the sunlight of the living room! So I opted for the 2nd coat to be in the green wall color. I think that will work fine after I get another coat on it. I will paint the trim a white (not a cream like the rest of the house) and we will eventually replace the sink and toilet in there. I saw a salon that had white small hand towels rolled up for customers to use. I like the idea of giving everyone a clean towel to wipe their hands on.....so that is the goal....and the reason for the white trim....it will all match.
Oh, we saw the new neighborhood twins tonight!!! they are so cute!!! I believe that they were over 5lbs when they were born! I can't imagine! I don't think I've ever seen anyone as preggers as Allison was! But everyone is healthy and sleeping at least 2.45hrs at a time. Yes, they are younger than I am.
Not sure I meantioned it, but we are having a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday. H is perfecting his corned beef. I should be working on my potato bread, but ain't. Our neighbor, Linda, is bringing the cabbage and I'm not too sure what anyone else is bringing as I just told them to BYOB if they didn't want wine or beer.
And the main stressor at this point in time.....the bookshelves may not make it here this week! We were told last Tuesday that they should be leaving the factory and came to find out that they left YESTERDAY! Hopefully, they will get here on Friday and Geoff can install! Otherwise, we won't have our kitchen done and will still have 4 wall cabinets in boxes in the middle of the floor....
UGH!
We hope that Dennis resting comfortably at home. Damn table saws that eat fingers! Please let us know if we can help with anything to make you more comfortable! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment