Monday, May 2

A quick trip....

The powers that be seemed to make a trip to PA this weekend fruititious.  Big Sis was flying up to help with Tami's bridal shower (a close friend of theirs) and so I met up with her in Atlanta and we flew up on the same plane.  I had rented a car to use and we stopped at Barb's on the way home from the airport.  Then dropped her off at Brad and Dee's and then headed over to Chris and Mick's.
I got to meet the newest addition to the family....MOLLY!
About a year old and a total mutt, she is so sweet and eager to please.  Calm to boot!
 She should be a big help with training Dash, who, unfortunately, is a bit thick in the head.  Oh wait...a little hard-headed....or should that be considered an 'independant thinker'?
Either way, they have 2 really cute 4 legged members of their family!
 On Friday, I took Mom on a few errands and then we caught up with Big Sis and we took Mom to a little diner in Houston.  I love diners!   Yeah, it was Campbell's soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, but the company and atmosphere made it so much more!   I wish there were more diners in the world....
 Saturday, I picked up Mom and we went to Mingo Park.  I remember such good times at Mingo as a kid.  The creek is pretty shallow so it is great for walking through the water on a hot day!  Especially when you're about 6 years old!  I hadn't been there since I was in HS, so it was a treat.  We found a picnic table that was close to the creek and sat there for several hours talking about when Mom was growing up and about her parents and siblings.
I hadn't heard all of those stories before, so it was quite fun and enjoyable.
 
 
 I made it back to C&M's in time to change and head out with them to have dinner with Pop and Claudia and Big Sis.   (I had rented from Dollar and signed up for their cheap rate, which was that they would give me whatever extra car they had on the lot......a Mercury Grand Marquis....a damn BOAT!!!  I didn't want to drive that at night on the twisty turny back roads that they live on!)
 Applebees is always good and they have a great selection.  Jeremy was our waiter (no, I didn't know him before Saturday!) and he did a great job.  I was going to pay for every one's dinner but Mick beat me to it!   Thank you Mick, and Thank you for letting me at least get the tip!
Pop and Claudia are looking good, altho the buzz cut that Dad has kind of threw me as I had never seen him with it cut like that.  Nor ever that short!
We all went to the Kopper Kettle afterwards and enjoyed an adult beverage.  A band was going to start soon and as we were close to the amplifiers, we decided that going home would probably be a good idea.   So Big Sis came with us to their house and we had a slumber party!   Poor Mick, not sure if he's ever had that much estrogen in his house!   But he was a great sport.
Sunday, was taking Big Sis back to Brad and Dee's, where her suitcase was, and then I headed to the airport.   Made it there and on the flight.  A little bumpy ride and I got picked up by H at the airport!   He was going to bring the boys, but they had gotten into his new mulch and made themselves sick.  They were still recovering and he thought it best that they stay home and recover and not add car-sickness to the matter!
  Today is getting back into the swing of things....
Ah, it is great to go and visit, but it is always great to come home.

Thanks Chris and Mick!
(oh, it was cotton seed meal that the dogs ate...what goats we have!)

1 comment:

silliedillie said...

It was great to see you. Loved the sistertime although not enough of it. love you both. Also Thanks Mickey and Coleen for dinner. It was a good time.