B, who I walk with, have taken down their old deck and put in a nice new big one with a roof over part of it. They had to bring in a dumpster and the always bring in one that is quite over sized. So they told a few of us neighbors to bring stuff up if we needed to. So we took up all of the old screens. The neighbors on the side of us took up some old patio furniture. When I walked with B today, sounds like someone stopped by and asked if they could have the screens and furniture. They folded the screens, so they must have been selling the metal. Who knows about the furniture.
Saying good by to the screens....

We always have such good watchdogs.
Really, they are always on duty!
Last week, I had a project going for the community garden. I have not quite finished it up as I had to get ready for Deb V to come and visit. So it was quite busy around here. Of course, I still have loads of laundry to catch up on and the kitchen counter is still/always a mess. Oh well. But I did manage to go out for coffee a few times. Sangeeta and family are moving to MI in about a week, so it is the mad dash to spend as much time together as possible. So we had coffee 2x.
A neighborhood college kid was advertising that he would come and pressure wash your driveway and 10% of it would go to help out the tornado victims in Tuscaloosa, AL. He attends college in that area so he wants to help out. So we had him do the drive and the back patio. He did a nice job and when we were putting everything back on the patio, we have both decided that we dislike our glass table. It is getting old, Khaki hits his head on it when he is under it and he sniffs everything on the table when he is standing up and it is starting to show its age of about 16yrs. So we decided that we would cut down the legs of the teak table that he got on clearance when we lived in SF. It was just a little bit tall and it is almost the perfect height now! The top needed sanding and so he has been working on that. We'll tung oil it and hope that helps keep it nice and pretty for a bit.
Our garden keeps growing.....
It was such a nice few weeks that we spent quite a bit of time outside. The little guy is quite the contortionist when it comes to trying to get the prime lap spot.
On Saturday, we picked Deb V up at the airport. She had a few days to spare so she headed down to spend them with us.....THANKS DEB!!!
We went to a few grocery stores, a few restaurants, the community garden, walked the dogs, had fire pit time on the patio, chat time and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else! She likes to eat/cook things like us so she wanted to try a restaurants that she wouldn't find in SF. So we went to a great BBQ Spot and then to a trendy gastronomic spot for Martini Monday!
The Coz warmed up to her fairly quickly. Good thing as she was missing her 2 at home...
Shopping! We did some shopping on Sunday! Went to 2 different pet stores. Seems like it was Adopt a Pet weekend as they both had some cuties out for adoption. We both refrained, which was good, but oh, the temptation!!!
We had gotten the water bottle furry animal above. No stuffing, just an old water bottle that you can replace once it gets eaten. Great noise maker too! We also got them a big elk antler. Khaki ate through the other antler that I had gotten so I went big this time! We gave it to Cozmo first and he got to test it out. Once Khak gets it, Coz won't even get to sniff at it!
Didn't get much above 73 or so. Deb was amazed that she was chilly at 70* out! Considering that SF was about 40-50 when she left, you'd think that it would seem like a warm spell for her. She was a bit surprised as she had only brought flip flops and capris! She had to borrow a jacket to sit out by the fire. (she had a nice one with her but didn't want to get it smelly!) Yeah, it was still daylight when we started but we ended up staying out til about 11 or so, I think.
Pets for the Khakster!
Deb went home yesterday. Her and I left early and went to Assi, the huge super market that is a bit of a ways from here. It is one of the Korean ones in town. Lots of fun stuff to look at and ponder... Then we headed to Buckhead, GA to try out FLIP, which is a Burger Boutique. Richard Blais, from Top Chef owns/runs it. I don't watch the show, but Deb does and she wanted to try it out. It was good. A very modern take on the diner motif. If you go, request a booth....may not be quite so noisy.
We then headed to the airport. We had some time to kill so we found a nice little park to wander through. I did drop her off a bit early so that I could sneak out of there before rush hour. I felt guilty about leaving her but traffic was heavier than I was used to and it was only going to get worse. It was nice to get home by 4. Then I could watch the horrid traffic on the news, if I wanted to....which I didn't.
Today was digging up the azaleas that were between the forsythia. I didn't want them and Julie does, so they are on their way to finding a new home at their house. She was super busy today so I dug them up and we met Dakneese and Sangeeta for lunch and swapped them over to her car. I was going to go and help her plant them, but it was already getting on to mid afternoon and traffic and such are going to get crazy soon, so I bid the plants a fond adieu and parted ways.
Where the azaleas were, I added some mushroom compost and planted, alternatingly, Okra and Amaranth. They are both tall plants so it will be a bit of a wall.....should be interesting, I hope it looks nice....and both are edible!
Well, I should get back to my community garden job, but can't seem to get into that too much at the moment. Seems like a nap may be called for...
oops, it is after 4pm, guess not!














No comments:
Post a Comment