Last night was tamale and left over night. We had gotten some good tamales at the Farmer's Mkt this summer and froze them. I had some corn from the freezer in the fridge so I made a bed of corn, put the tamale on and then added some frozen tomatoes with garlic on it and baked it for a bit. Added some hot sauce, sour cream and cilantro and cheese and had myself a great meal. I ate half, so I have dinner tonight all done!
The rest of the week has been nuts. Sunday night, H's mom went to the hostital. Things looked promising until Monday afternoon when they transferred her to Mayo and did surgery on her intestines and bowels. H made an emergency trip north. Just after he landed, we learned that she came through all right. He's been busy and may make it home yet this week as long as she progresses as well as she has.
With H gone, I went to Valentine's dinner with the Sangeeta, her boys and Dakneese and her mom. It was fun. Good food at LongHorn Steakhouse. And reasonable as well. I had a great BLT salad... Of course, the company was the best part.
Yesterday was a few errands and a hair cut. I had such an awful haircut that I had put up with for too long. He wasn't able to do anything fancy with it as we just needed to get everything back in order, so I have a nice basic cut that seems to be good at this point. It always takes me a bit to learn how to tweak each hair cut. Soon, I will be off to Sangeeta's brunch. Should be fun. I had to stop at the grocery yesterday as I am bringing the fruit for smoothies.....strawberries, bananas, blueberries and plums! YUM!
I am sorry to hear about Dennis' brother, Doug, passing away. I always remember how nice he always treated me when I was a kid. I'm sure that y'all will miss him.
Well, the rest of the week sounds like it will be busy as well.....hope yours is productive too!
1 comment:
Harlan not going to Daytona this year?
glad that Harlan's mom is doing better.
Post a Comment