Since it is my day off, I thought that I should be somewhat productive.
Keyword: somewhat.
I did get the Sunday paper ads gone through. Not much there except a few coupons and the JoAnn Fabric ad. One always should pull that one as you never know when you need the most current 40% or 50% coupon. (which happened to me last week...and I had it!)
Well, I got the dishwasher run and an extra walk in with B from up the street. And I have a loaf of bread rising on the pre-heated stove. (yes, my little trick for speeding up the process). I was thinking of what I wanted to do with my bread other than slather it with some cinnamon butter that I have in the fridge. Pasta would be good, but bread with it is a bit overkill on the carbs. Awesomely good, but over kill, none the less. I could have made up some quinoa and veggies but that is as filling as the pasta, even tho I get a complete protein in there.
So instead, I think that I am going to make up some veggie brushetta. Tomatoes, corn, white beans (corn and beans make a complete protein), mushrooms, onions, red pepper, garlic, spinach if it is still good, and whatever else I find in the fridge.
Keyword: somewhat.
I did get the Sunday paper ads gone through. Not much there except a few coupons and the JoAnn Fabric ad. One always should pull that one as you never know when you need the most current 40% or 50% coupon. (which happened to me last week...and I had it!)
Well, I got the dishwasher run and an extra walk in with B from up the street. And I have a loaf of bread rising on the pre-heated stove. (yes, my little trick for speeding up the process). I was thinking of what I wanted to do with my bread other than slather it with some cinnamon butter that I have in the fridge. Pasta would be good, but bread with it is a bit overkill on the carbs. Awesomely good, but over kill, none the less. I could have made up some quinoa and veggies but that is as filling as the pasta, even tho I get a complete protein in there.
So instead, I think that I am going to make up some veggie brushetta. Tomatoes, corn, white beans (corn and beans make a complete protein), mushrooms, onions, red pepper, garlic, spinach if it is still good, and whatever else I find in the fridge.
Well, here is the final product:
A winter brushetta with french bread and CHEESE!
I ended up adding everything above along with some frozen peas. Love peas! I also added some sweet, whole grain mustard along with salt, pepper, cumin, smokey paprika, cayenne pepper, some lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. I know, I could have dolled up the melted cheese to make a prettier picture but I was getting hungry after our walk.....
Along with a nice Juan Gill wine, a quite nice dinner. Wish you were here to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment