Tuesday, February 8

2nd post for the day....its not just a Use it Up month....

When H & I discussed our idea for Use It Up month, I also took that to be a month of frugality.  Not a lot of extra anything needs to be bought.
We should have bought new clothes for Chinese New Year. 
(it helps bring in new luck and money into the new  year)
But other than gasoline and some yarn for a few crocheting projects, I've managed to not spend anything this month.
How about you?
Up for the challenge?

The link at the top discusses some good things that a family learned during their experiment.  They also mention that they started to quarrel by the end of the month....but why?  My belief is because people are on different pages.  Kind of like the money quarrels families normally have when not everyone is at the same level of "frugal".  Ultimately, tho, the entire family in the article kept a lot of their frugal habits once their experiment was over.
I think it is interesting and that is why I'm trying it myself.
Your thoughts?

No comments: