For those of you in the know....Sangeeta and I are on stools so that we are taller than Sherri!
We made it home last night around 11pm and, after a good night's sleep, Sher & I ran to the garden, the store and made up salads and then headed to Denise's so that we could have lunch and get our boys. We then landed at Sangeeta's for coffee and dessert and then back to Denise's to gather up the dogs before heading home.
Somehow, we didn't get Denise in this photo. :-(
But boy, does it feel good to be home!
After the Kelley Reunion, H&I headed east to Downingtown to catch up with college pal, Mon Sheri'. I have adopted her parents, so it was great to catch up with them. As a matter of fact, they provided a comfy bed, warm shower, an awesome meal and the very best of company for our short stay.
As a matter of fact, Doris made H's favorite....Banana's Foster! Of course, he had never had it until we were at their house a few years ago!
It took us about 11.5 hrs to make it home last night. We brought along Mon Sheri's new addition to her family....
HERCULES!
For being a rescue dog (about 1.5 yrs old) he does fabulous in the car. Just settles right in. Didn't make a peep...appreciated our potty breaks...just said hi now and again.
H got to meet U.Al @ the reunion. From the sounds of it...they shared quite a few laughs at the family reunion! It was so nice to catch up with Nikki. We spent a bit of time with her when we were in Denver. We have missed her quite a bit. I wish I had a better photo, but here they are trying to figure out what tree the hedge balls/osage oranges came from. H took some time out of his day today to find out and send her the link!
Baby Laila enjoyed the trampoline a lot!
The reunion was more than I expected. What a great time! Growing up, we seemed to spend more time with certain families. It was nice to catch up with them and then I got to reacquaint with some other branches and it was so much fun!
I have quite a few other photos of the reunion but it would be quite boring for most of you to breeze thru. If you think I may have any that you are interested in, let me know and I can email what I have to you.
Overall, it was a great trip....wonderful to see everyone that we did....thank you for the hospitality and the welcome that you extended to us. We appreciate it more than you know.
And now, it is good to relax at home with 3 puppy dogs at our feet....
1 comment:
It was a great time. So good to see you and Harlan. Glad that you made it home safely. Enjoy some downtime this weekend. Love you
Post a Comment