Thursday, July 8

At 730pm, it was still 85 degrees...

This heatwave is kind of tough.  At least we have air conditioning here.  I feel bad for those up north who don't have any!

Today, I ran to the garden and picked 3 cucumbers.  Our cuke production is definitely slowing down.  I then ran to Best Buy as I had to relinquish The Bitch.  Since it was a Best Buy Brand and they couldn't service it, they gave me a store credit to buy another GPS.  So I am debating between Garmin & TomTom.  Both have features that I really like. I thought that I was going to get a lower end Garmin while I was there, but they didn't have it and then I realized that it didn't have one important feature that I thought it did.  So, now, I am back to square one!  We have friends who each have one of the brands and they were bragging up their brand.  I'm sure that any of them will be fine and better than what I had but I want to make sure it will get me where I need to go!

When I got home, I made some cucumber soup but I think that I put a tad too much paprika in it.  The morning will tell the tale after it has marinated overnight.  Then I canned some salsa.  I forgot to seed the tomatoes and I rarely ever peel them.  (I need all those lycopines!)  So I am not sure how this batch will turn out.  I did "strain" it when I filled the jars as there was a lot of juice.  I also roasted up some tomatoes and garlic and put those in the freezer.  And I roasted up some eggplant and yellow squash and made up some more baba ganoush.  I think that I put a tad too much tahini in it.  I swear, I probably shouldn't have been in the kitchen today!

Oh well.  Tomorrow I am going to the Nature Center with my friend and we are packing a picnic lunch.  She is such a goof and I am sure that we'll do a lot of laughing.  I'll try to share some photos that I take either tomorrow or this weekend.

No comments: