My, how time flies! This past week has seen me running all over the place, it seems! But I happened to have some fun in there too!
I picked up Mason to spend the night on Wed from Camp Bulloch that was putting on Camp Rough Riders! I had recommended to friend's J&D when they told me that their kids wanted to go to camp, but they were a bit tight on funds. This happened to be a day camp; hence, less $$. As it turned out, even a 9 & 11 yr old LOVED IT!
Anyway, M is a typical 9 yr old boy...playing in the creek and the game of PIT went over very well.
He also LOVES dogs and since they don't have any....he is always
excited to play with ours! Since Miss Denise was flying solo this week, she came over to have hamburgers with us and to play PIT. This worked out very well....as she is also the "mommy" of CHARLIE....another dog! With 3 dogs, I'm not sure you could ever see a happier 9 yr old!
I had to work at Bulloch on Thur, so I took him back for his camp day. Then, on Friday was the end of camp so they had a family day. Of course, Mason & Laura's pop wasn't in town so Miss Denise and I got enlisted to be "family"! (yes, we're one of those new fangled families!) We had fun and got to see what they did all week. Laura gave us a tour of the house and did unbelieveably well for 11 yrs old! And towards the end, a professional story teller came. Mason volunteered.....and ended up being dressed up like the TarBaby from The Briar Rabbit's story. He looks quite a bit different from the top photos, no?
Fun was had by all! Now, I've been in a feverish pitch to get ready to head north....H always gets me going, so I am still working on my auction contribution.....I hope that it goes over well. So today and tomorrow will be tying up ends and packing....oh, yeah, and I'm seriously looking forward to my chiropractor appt tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment