Friday, April 25

april snow showers.....ugh.....

What a day.....it snowed....almost blizzard like at times. This week was the Kingswood Rummage Sale. It is an annual rummage that is the last weekend of April. Every year.....the weather SUCKS! It never fails. This year, we actually have opened our garage and taken money for items that we don't need anymore. Of course, it was nice that we had some friends who felt the same way about some of their possessions.
I took 2 vacation days to work Wed & Thur. I sat for 12 hrs in front of my garage. Wed was absolutely gorgeous...about 70 or so and sunny. It was nice to have a beer out on the drive at about 2pm!

I had to go to work today so a few other participants came to help Harlan & Khaki cover the open garage door. It was raining this morning and turned to snow around 10am or so. We didn't get as much accumulation as north & west & south of here. But I'm not going to complain.
We have about 4 more hrs of garage sale left to go! 8-12 tomorrow! Our friends are coming over and then we are going to figure out a way to get over to Savers or Goodwill. But we brought in about $500 or so. We didn't do too badly. At least we are a minus a bit of "stuff".

I may get some laundry done this weekend. I'm so far behind that I am not sure that I will EVER catch up! Our wino club gathering is tomorrow night. Casey, 62yrs young is preparing for her 2nd 3-day walk for breast cancer. So the theme is PINK! We had a wonderful jalapeno & raspberry cream cheese dip for Easter and I made some up this evening. Tomorrow, I need to make pink Flat Bread for the occasion.... ahhh....friends......with some wine......a great cause.... simply wonderful.....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sweetie I am waiting patiently for your next letter. keep them coming claudia